Last Updated and Effective Date: October 28, 2020
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY
THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, THE REASON FOR THE COLLECTION, AND HOW WE COLLECT THE PERSONAL DATA
We may collect the following types of personal data from you when you use our Services, and describe below the reasons why and how we collect such personal data.
- Contact Information. You may voluntarily provide us certain contact information about yourself through forms on our website, at in-person or virtual networking/marketing events or conferences, or if you contact our customer services. We may also collect your contact information from certain third parties, such as partners who may refer us new business and clients. The contact information we may collect include name, company name, company website, email address, phone number and other information about the business. We collect this personal data so that we may respond to your requests or questions, provide a quote, demo or resources from our library, communicate with you about our Services, and/or address your customer service needs or concerns.
- Partners. If you wish to partner with us for marketing and sales, you may voluntarily provide use your contact information, such as name, company name, phone number, address, email address, tax identification number, and other contact and business information. We collect this information so that we can contact you about becoming a partner, provide information regarding partnerships, address your questions or comments, and give you credit for providing us new business and clients.
- Merchants. While providing our Services, we may collect certain information from merchants, such as name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, social security number, bank account number and other banking information, tax identification number, driver’s license number, passport number, signature and other identifiers and contact information. We collect this information to enter into agreements and other business relations and to provide our Services to merchants.
- Services. As part of providing our Services to merchants, we may process personal data regarding their credit card holders, such as name, address, credit card number, and credit card expiration date. We collect credit card holders’ personal data, and other contact information and IP addresses, through our payment gateway, software integrations and mobile applications.
- Job Applicants. On our website, you may voluntarily provide us your contact information, such as name, phone number, email address, and other information if you are interested in applying for a position with our company. We collect this information so that we can follow-up with you regarding your interest in the position and provide more information regarding next steps in the job application process.
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA WITH OTHERS
From time to time, we may need to share your personal data with others, as described below.
- Service Providers. We may share your personal data with service providers who perform various business functions for us, such as website design, sending email communications, fraud detection and prevention, cloud data storage, software and other technical services, marketing, customer care, payment processing, or performing analytics.
- Protection Our Business and Others. We may share personal data when we believe it is appropriate to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our products and services, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and risk reduction. This does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personal data of our customers for commercial purposes.
- Legal. We may share your personal data if necessary to: (1) comply with domestic and foreign laws; (2) comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by domestic and foreign authorities; (3) cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate domestic or foreign laws; or (4) exercise or defend legal claims.
- Sale of Our Business. We may transfer to a third party personal data as an asset that is part of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other transaction in which the third party assumes control of all or part of our business.
- Non-Identifiable Data. We may share with others data that has been anonymized, de-identified, and/or aggregated. Such data is not considered personal data because it no longer identifies you nor is it reasonably capable of identifying you.
- With Your Consent. Other than as described above, we may share your personal data with others with your consent.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have implemented and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices, and commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures, to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access and exfiltration, theft, or disclosure. However, no security system is perfect. We will notify you if there is a breach of our security where required by law or deemed necessary.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be retained for the time required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and processed, including for the purpose of satisfying legal, professional, contractual, regulatory, accounting or reporting obligations. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Our website is not intended for or directed at children under the age of 16. In addition, we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us information without their consent, please contact us, as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below. Please include an indication that your request is r